Our products are carefully selected to ensure they strictly support the sustainable use of our earth’s resources while possessing quality and style for today’s modern living.
The criteria we use to choose our products includes:
- Is it cruelty free/vegan?
- Is it sustainably sourced?
- Does it come with zero waste packaging? eg. no (or limited plastic), glass, bamboo, cardboard, metal
- Is it locally sourced? If not, what is the country of origin and how far does it have to travel to get to us?
- Is it ethically made?
- Is it interesting and/or unique?
- Is it reusable, and will it replace single use items?
- Is it beneficial for the environment?
- Is it made from recycled materials?
- Can it be easily recycled?
- Does the manufacturer/supplier have an environmental policy?
- Does the supply chain have a low environmental impact?
We try and match products to these criteria wherever possible. In many cases products will fit many, but not all of the criteria. For instance, Onya produce bags are made from plastic however that plastic is recycled drink bottles and is recyclable. They are reusable, replace single use plastic produce bags, and are packaged in recycled cardboard packaging.